Friday, December 28, 2012

Pancake Challenge: Day 9

Lacy Cornmeal Pancakes

If you are a fan of fried cornmeal... these are for you.

If you have no idea what fried cornmeal tastes like, you are missing something, and these are a GREAT way to try it with out having to mess with catfish, deep fryers and onions (see "hushpuppies") or egg wash.

Basically cornmeal, milk, a bit of fat, salt, baking powder and a dash of flour.  I'm betting these will covert to gluten free... but I'll have to test them before I give them a stamp of approval.

In the meantime thin, fried cornmeal pancakes.  I approve.  And will have one more.

The "lacy" comes from the bubbly fried edges.
I should have made them even thinner, and they'd have been
lacy all the way through.
Mmmm fried cornmeal in bacon fat next time.

No comments: