Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Pancake Challenge: Day 14 (sigh)

Last Day of the Challenge.

So we'd better do something great.

Dutch Babies/German Pancakes



I still remember the first time my mom made these for me.  They are nearly as much fun to look at as they are to eat.  And be sure to be there for that moment when they come out of the oven.

Alas, they do deflate.



If you want them to puff up like that (or even higher!) - be sure to grease the pan.



Be sure you have preheated the oven!!! (To 425˚F - and then wait about 5 minutes to make sure the oven is REALLY that temp).

Classic toppings - Lemon & Powdered Sugar.





And as always... any other topping that capture your fancy.  (In the summer, fresh peeled peaches and lemon juice CAN'T be beat.  And I bet preserved peaches in winter would be a winner.)



Nope.  Didn't make the 14 days (stupid drive-by stomach bug).  That just gives me a goal for next year.  We'll try again.


It's been fun!

No comments: