Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Recipes for cooking leaves!

Or... the cookbook is starting to exist.

Cooking Your Local Produce

More than just a bunch of ideas and loosely associated files, it is beginning to have substance.

The first two sets of bunches of recipes; Leaves and Stems have been through the 1st draft process - red penned, and are now ready for their first release into the wild.

Anyone wanting to take a look at some (or all) are welcome to.

I'll post my recipe list now, and let me know what you want to see.
I will figure out how I want to cache documents so you can look at what you want easily... and make comments/corrections/suggestions/biting sarcasm - you know....

But for just this moment, let me know what you would like to see, and I'll send it to you.

Leaves:

*Start with Chard
*Crispy Kale
*A Big Chopped Salad
*Green Goddess Salad + Dressing
*Hearty Greens for Grilled Food
*Braised Greens & Spicy Sausage
*Green Rice
Herbs go everywhere
*Pesto – Basil & others
*Gremolata
*Herb oils

Shoots:

*Roasted Asparagus
*Raw asparagus salad
*Pea Shoot Stir Fry
*Garlic chutes/scapes
*Fennel & Cabbage Slaw
*Beet & Fennel Salad
*Black Bean Kholrabi

Fruits, Seeds, and Roots are on their way.

No comments: