Monday, February 25, 2019

Back to the Keyboard

I quit there for a minute...

Built a book, played with marketing, started working for the family and learning for real about forestry, got my black-belt, got my MBA, now have a kid who drives.

But I kept cooking.
And I found the Female Farmer Project.  


But the love of trivia stays with me.  So when the mix is food and learning - it is time to dig deep and see what new things I find.

I found out that my love of knowing how things work can be applied to how our current farm system is treating a few people very well, and treating most other people very badly.  There's plenty of food, but it is not treating us very well - and treating the people who get it to us possibly worse.

We need to change that.  As part of the Female Farmer Project, I want to work on changing things for women who grow food professionally in America.  They have always been there, but they have been largely invisible and ignored.  And we are all worse off for that.

Time to make some changes that benefits farmers.  And the things that benefit farmers produces beneficial changes for us consumers down the road.

No comments: